Watch this space for the latest WBHS announcements and news.
How it feels to come to Tiger Stadium and watch a WBHS home game...
West Alabama Regional Commission- Area Agency on Aging
Alabama Cares Grandparent Program
- Grandparent/Relative Caregiver ( age 55 + ) caring for child/children age 18 and younger
- Grandparent/Relative Caregiver ( age 55 + ) caring for child/children with a severe disability
- * Priority* shall be given to grandparents or older individuals who are relative caregivers providing care for children with severe disabilities.
- Child- An individual who is not more than 18 years of age.
- Grandparent or other relative caregiver of a child: a grandparent, step grandparent or other relative of a child by blood or marriage, who is 55 years of age or older and-
* A. Lives with the child
* B. Is the primary caregiver of the child because the biological or adoptive parent/parents are unable or unwilling to serve as the primary caregiver of the child
* C. Has a legal relationship to the child, such as legal custody or guardianship, or is raising the child informally
- This program is not income based- However cost share and donations are accepted.
5 Service Categories:
- A. Caregiver Information- Provide public and individual with information on resources and services available.
- B. Caregiver Access Assistance- Assist grandparents in obtaining access to the service and resources available within their community. This service links individuals to the services and opportunities that are available within their community.
- C. Caregiver Education- Counseling/education to Grandparents to assist them in making decisions and solving problems relating to their grandparent role.
- D. Caregiver Respite- * Grandchild must live with Grandparent/relative caregiver to qualify for this service* Offer temporary, substitute support or living arrangements for child in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest for grandparent caregiver.
- E. Caregiver Supplemental Service- * Grandchild must live with grandparent/relative caregiver to qualify for this service* Services provided on a limited basis to complement the care provided by grandparent/relative.
All referrals or questions contact Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
205-333-2990 or 1-800-AGE-LINE