Watch this space for the latest WBHS announcements and news.
WBHS Homecoming 2016 is here!
For more information, see our Homecoming section.
How it feels to come to Tiger Stadium and watch a WBHS home game...
West Alabama Regional Commission- Area Agency on Aging
Alabama Cares Grandparent Program
- Grandparent/Relative Caregiver ( age 55 + ) caring for child/children age 18 and younger
- Grandparent/Relative Caregiver ( age 55 + ) caring for child/children with a severe disability
- * Priority* shall be given to grandparents or older individuals who are relative caregivers providing care for children with severe disabilities.
- Child- An individual who is not more than 18 years of age.
- Grandparent or other relative caregiver of a child: a grandparent, step grandparent or other relative of a child by blood or marriage, who is 55 years of age or older and-
* A. Lives with the child
* B. Is the primary caregiver of the child because the biological or adoptive parent/parents are unable or unwilling to serve as the primary caregiver of the child
* C. Has a legal relationship to the child, such as legal custody or guardianship, or is raising the child informally
- This program is not income based- However cost share and donations are accepted.
5 Service Categories:
- A. Caregiver Information- Provide public and individual with information on resources and services available.
- B. Caregiver Access Assistance- Assist grandparents in obtaining access to the service and resources available within their community. This service links individuals to the services and opportunities that are available within their community.
- C. Caregiver Education- Counseling/education to Grandparents to assist them in making decisions and solving problems relating to their grandparent role.
- D. Caregiver Respite- * Grandchild must live with Grandparent/relative caregiver to qualify for this service* Offer temporary, substitute support or living arrangements for child in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest for grandparent caregiver.
- E. Caregiver Supplemental Service- * Grandchild must live with grandparent/relative caregiver to qualify for this service* Services provided on a limited basis to complement the care provided by grandparent/relative.
All referrals or questions contact Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
205-333-2990 or 1-800-AGE-LINE