Watch this space for the latest WBHS announcements and news.
All AHSAA playoff games will utilize the gofan electronic tickets:
Alabama Christian Academy vs. West Blocton High School Event Link: https://gofan.co/app/events/135201
Covid 19 Updates
Bibb County Schools Roadmap to Reopening Schools 2020-2021
INow Parent portal registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdeHQLKeMbenjyB_hDccskVfe_zkqC7Lsxv8IBLO8u8JEfHwQ/viewform
West Blocton High School Athletic Plan
Athletic Event Guidelines
In accordance with recent guidance from the Alabama Department of Public Health, the Alabama State Department of Education, and the Alabama High School Athletic Association, West Blocton High School has implemented a plan for attendance at all home athletic venues for the fall of 2020. This implementation is solely based on efforts to mitigate the risk of COVID-19. The current order from the ADPH and AHSAA states that:
“Spectators are allowed to attend athletic events, but attendance at events will be significantly reduced as spectators shall not congregate within 6 feet of a person from another household except to the extent necessary. Furthermore, spectators shall wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or her nostrils and mouth at all times while with 6 feet of a person from another household.”
To combat the issue of large crowds, and hopefully allow for a safer environment, we will implement the following protocols for the Fall 2020 athletic venues:
- All spectators will be required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times at any WBHS athletic venue.
- Spectators who do not adhere to the facial covering requirement can be asked to leave.
- Spectators must not congregate with 6 feet of one another unless they live in the same household.
- Anyone who has come in contact with a person with COVID-19 or is currently quarantined should not attend any athletic event at WBHS.
- All visitors and spectators should screen and monitor themselves and family for any signs of illness including fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and diarrhea, and stay home if you have any symptoms of illness. If you have been in close contact with a positive COVID-19 case you should not be present at athletic events.
- Attendance at Tiger Stadium and the WBHS gymnasium will be significantly reduced to allow proper social distancing.
- Upon completion of the competition, fans and all non-essential personnel will be required to exit the facility immediately or as safely as possible considering the size of crowds.
- All athletes will wear a facial covering or mask and properly social distance when they are not directly involved in a game.
- All coaches will wear a facial covering or mask at all times during a game.
- Game balls will be provided by each team (inspected by official) to be used by their team only as allowed. The ball should be cleaned and sanitized throughout the contest as recommended by the ball manufacturer.
- Tickets will be sold at the gate for all general public on a first come first serve basis. When we reach capacity, ticket sales will be stopped.
- Parents of athletes (football and cheer) and band members (including color guard and majorettes) will be given the first opportunity to purchase 4 tickets per household if they wish to do so. This will be handled by the student at school.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Opposing teams should supply the following information to Terry Lawley (High School Principal) no later than Friday of the preceding week of play.
- Football games- Will there be a band to travel to the football game?
- Football games- If there is a band, how many total band members and directors will travel with the band?
- All games- How many total administrators (including superintendents and school board members) and school personnel will be in attendance that will use an allowable admission card from the AHSAA?
- All games-this count will be deducted from the total amount of tickets available for purchase at the gate.
- All games- A detailed list will be provided to each gate worker. No one will be allowed to enter without a valid athletic pass.
- All gate workers, band directors, coaches, officials, concession stand workers, chain workers, clock keeper, athletes, and band members will go through the appropriate COVID-19 health protocols before the start of the game or entering the field of play.
- It is the responsibility of the home team to report instances of COVID-19 symptoms before or during a game to their on-staff medical professionals and head coach of the opposing team.
- The opposing team is responsible for following the protocols and procedures for their team. It is their responsibility to report instances of COVID-19 symptoms before or during a game to their on-staff medical professionals and head coach of the home team.
We understand that these protocols and procedures cannot eliminate the chances of someone contacting COVID-19. We are solely following the guidance of the ADPH, ALSDE, and AHSAA to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Terry Lawley, Principal David Steele, Athletic Director
Please do not forget to be counted. Participation by all in the 2020 Census will help ensure maximum federal funding is received for Alabama.https://www.alabama2020census.com/
- Governor Ivey Extends Alabama Broadband Connectivity Program January 4, 2021
- Remote learning will be continued until January 18, 2021. December 30, 2020Click the title for more information.
- ASDE Covid-19 Dashboard December 17, 2020
- Important Remote Learning Announcement December 9, 2020Please click the title for more information.